From an early age, Cameron has pursued his passion for art. Selling his first sketch in the second grade made him realize early on that this was the career path for him. When others wanted to be firemen or police officers, Cameron always wanted to be an “artist”.
With over 13 years of professional experience, Cameron has come to be knowledgeable and skilled at many arenas within the design realm.
After being featured in RAW Artist Orange County’s 2014 Local Artists Showcase and receiving a lot of buzz over his recent painting endeavors, Cameron decided to pursue the California Roots Live Painting Wild Card Contest and won the contest out of the top 5 selected artists!
For years, Cameron has been blessed to work with some of the largest names in reggae rock including the Dirty Heads, Stick Figure, and many more.
Original Work. Live painted.
Each with a story to tell.
Most of my original work derives from my experiences as a live painter, channeling music through each brushstroke and captivating the moments and emotions I feel on stage. I have the pleasure of painting on stage with the Dirty Heads, Stick Figure, Tribal Seeds, and many more musicians in the reggae genre. Each piece has a story to tell and each are blessed by the energy of the moment it was created live on stage with my favorite musicians.
Just some of the clientele, people, bands, companies we’ve had the pleasure of working with.
Professional Marketing & Freelance Experience
Art is Cameron’s passion, and design is the showcase for that art. For over 13 years, Cameron has been designing graphics and building websites.
First Design Job at Phone Card Company[/icon_timeline_item][icon_timeline_sep time_sep_title=”Print to Web” line_style=”solid” line_width=”2″ line_color=”#d9bc78″][icon_timeline_item time_title=”MAY 2007 – SEPT 2009: CA Web Design | Los Alamitos, CA”]Web Designer > Senior Visual Designer
Started first Web Design job and eventually became Senior Visual Designer.[/icon_timeline_item][icon_timeline_sep time_sep_title=”First Taste of the Music Industry” line_style=”solid” line_width=”2″ line_color=”#d9bc78″][icon_timeline_item time_title=”JUN 2008 – JUNE 2009: Bandspaces”]Web / Graphic Designer
Created graphics and redesigned interfaces for various bands utilizing myspace.com during the peak of its use for musician marketing.[/icon_timeline_item][icon_timeline_sep time_sep_title=”Promoted!” line_style=”solid” line_width=”2″ line_color=”#d9bc78″][icon_timeline_feat time_title=”SEPT 2009 – Superlative Internet Solutions | Irvine, CA”]Web Designer > Art Director
– Within one year was promoted from Web Designer to Art Director with a team of 4 designers and developers to manage.
– As Art Director, I oversaw and controlled the quality of the aesthetics produced for clientele, creating looks for some of the top luxury real estate agencies in the world such as Sotheby’s International, Tarbell Realty, and many more.
– Revamped the structure of the HTML and CSS within the website template product for real estate agents and brokers. The projects also ventured outside the real estate vertical with websites for dentists, doctors, musicians, workout trainers, and more.
– Single-handedly responsible for the advancement of the template product to mobile-friendly adaptive design and later to responsive web design utilizing Bootstrap and my own custom frameworks.
– UI/UX was a large portion of the workflow, as we also built our back-end user interfaces in-house. Designed and built the interface for the Studio Product suite, which included marketing apps for real estate agents.
– During development of our applications, I was in charge of the look and feel of the interface as well as developing the front-end in HTML/CSS.
– Assisted in the development of Android and Apple app interfaces for the Studio Real Estate Search App by gaining a working knowledge of how to create graphics for mobile app UI’s. This encompassed becoming familiar with the development process on both platforms.[/icon_timeline_feat][icon_timeline_sep time_sep_title=”Freelance Start-up” line_style=”solid” line_width=”2″ line_color=”#d9bc78″][icon_timeline_feat time_title=”JUNE 2010 – DEC 2012: AnodyneSoft”]Lead Creative
Responsible for the look and feel of AnodyneSoft’s company branding and marketing collateral.
Working closely with AnodyneSoft’s UX Director, conceptualized the UI for Incompl.com, a cloud app that allows environmental compliance specialists to submitcompliance reports through the web, and MyNextGig.com , a cloud app with video job interview capabilities.[/icon_timeline_feat][icon_timeline_sep time_sep_title=”Started My Own Company” line_style=”solid” line_width=”2″ line_color=”#d9bc78″][icon_timeline_item time_title=”JUNE 2012 – JAN 2017: Empire Design”]Creative Director / CEO / Co-founder
Illustration, graphic design, web design, and social media marketing design for the local music scene, primarily in the California reggae/rock genre (Sublime, etc).
Worked with KROQ’s DJ Lightning to create several tee shirt illustrations for Long Beach Clothing Co .
Designed and developed the front end interface for a Disneyland employee login system, which reduced use of paper forms for submitting maintenance repairs for the park.
Recently designed and developed an HTML/CSS version of an app interface to be ported to iPhone. Won four W3C Silver Awards for Website Branding, Branded Content, Mobile Apps: Innovative/Experimental, Mobile Apps: Maps & Navigation. Designed and developed the responsive website, SimpleDealApp.com, and also created all the graphics for social media marketing.
Mario Lopez’s Website: Landing Page for ViaMar Productions
Innovated a CSS keyframe animation technique to implement an animated video intro onto a landing page – viamarproductions.com. This also led to us working on the branding for Mario’s YouTube Channel.[/icon_timeline_item][icon_timeline_sep time_sep_title=”Focused on Music” line_style=”solid” line_width=”2″ line_color=”#d9bc78″][icon_timeline_item time_title=”JAN 2013 – PRESENT: The Pier Magazine”]Graphic Designer
Music-centric online magazine: Creates all graphics for social media advertising and collateral branding.[/icon_timeline_item][icon_timeline_sep time_sep_title=”Non-Profit” line_style=”solid” line_width=”2″ line_color=”#d9bc78″][icon_timeline_item time_title=”JAN 2013 – JAN 2016: Unify to Thrive Cancer Awareness Foundation”]Web and Graphic Designer
– Created all social media graphics for advertising on Instagram and Facebook.
– Created a plethora of designs for merchandise to raise funds for colon cancer awareness.
– Built and maintained the website on WordPress.[/icon_timeline_item][icon_timeline_sep time_sep_title=”Now” line_style=”solid” line_width=”2″ line_color=”#d9bc78″][icon_timeline_feat time_title=”MAY 2015 – PRESENT: TurnKey Marketing | Corona, CA”]Web/Graphic Designer > Director of Web Development
I work alongside an amazing team of talented designers and developers at TurnKey Marketing. We are primarily focused on the automotive industry while branching out into other verticals. We work with our SEO, Social, and PPC departments to create static and motion graphic advertising for all marketing channels and social media platforms, as well as email blasts and landing pages. Our current agenda is to build new website and landing page templates for any industry in order to future-proof the company with more features and functionality. If you are looking for a professional, next-level campaign to increase customer engagement, we can create a stunning look for your business that will increase returns on your marketing investments. Contact TurnKey Marketing today at tkmkt.com![/icon_timeline_feat][/icon_timeline]